Friday 6 September 2013

This Too Has Passed

World's Best Dog by foundimagination
A few days before we left, I had a hair appointment.

I've been with this stylist for years, a decade even?  Anyway, suffice it to say I've known her a long time.

Not that that's the point.

The point is that while I was there, I noticed how different I felt from the previous visit.

The last time I'd had my haircut was right after that horrible weekend breakup with Jay.

And I was devastated and so so hurt.  I remember feeling awful, and staring at myself in the mirror and thinking I looked awful.  And I remember how difficult it was to make conversation, even though she knew, I think, just by looking at me not to ask about Jay beyond her first question "so, are you travelling down by yourself... or?"

This time, even though I'm struggling with some Jay feelings (although feeling much better than I was when I wrote the posts you've just read) I'm in a far better place.  It's like night and day.

We were back to our old conversational selves, laughing and chatting away.  I was happy and silly and it was really a polar opposite of the time before.

Which just goes to show, even though I'm in a bit of a bumpy patch, it's nothing compared to how awful I felt when things went so sideways back in June.  And I'm so glad for that.

2 comments:

Dominic said...

Is ^ that the photo you handed her when she asked you "So what are we doing to your hair this time, then?"

Because I'm not sure that's really your style, to be honest..

Victoria said...

Oh man! I wish you'd said so earlier! ;)