Monday 9 September 2013

To Write

It's All Over But The Unpacking by foundimagination
I think I guessed that this might happen. 

That I'd come back and not be able to sit and write.  Not so much because I don't have anything to say, or that I maybe have too much to say, but more because I haven't sat and written for weeks.  Probably fifteen, sixteen days?

So I have to get my brain back into that mode.

I sat and journalled some days.  But mainly so I wouldn't forget all the things that happened, even though I know some of them are already forgotten, melded into one another in a giant pile of "I have no idea what day it is" awesomeness.

And the journalling I did do was all over the place.  Literally.  So I have to sit and sort through that and organize it into a way that jogs my memory and makes sense somehow.

The guy I had the dates with before I left texted me and asked if I was a changed woman.

I told him it was impossible to go and not come back changed.

Not that I'm not me, just that something in me shifted...and I hope that shift lasts because it feels good. 

And I have many thoughts, and things to sort through and figure out but the bottom line is I feel good.

I'm happy and relaxed and good.

With everything.

It's all been a little bit surreal, a little bit out of body, and I'm still floating somewhat in that space, but yeah.  It's good.

I'm really glad I went.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I just read this and thought of you!

http://modernhepburn.tumblr.com/post/60664325134/givemeajobplease-i-went-on-a-date-last-night

Victoria said...

Wow, very cool Kate. Thanks for sharing

Stephanie Hunter said...

I'm really glad you are really really glad. =)

Victoria said...

:D

Me too. It's nice.