Saturday 14 December 2013

Oh, And One More Thing

Before I forget.

When Lee got out of his car (he drove to meet me for our walk as he lives somewhere else in town) he smelled a bit like smoke.

And so there's a part of me that keeps saying "hold your horses Nelly, he might be a smoker." 

Maybe he'd just been with a smoker... or had a smoker in his car... or maybe a smoker had just finished having a cigarette outside of the building we passed, I don't know, but if he's a smoker (it says he's not on his profile) I'm going to be disappointed and have to say no thanks.

I just want to keep reminding myself of that as a way to not get too excited and make up stories about our wedding.

(Actually, I already made up a story about our breakup.  I'm crazy.  I know.)

(I can't believe I just told you that.  Please pretend I didn't, ok?  Thanks.)

(You're awesome.  Best secret keeper ever)

And in case you don't believe me that he might be a secret smoker?  One of my good friends is a smoker and never said so on his profile and still hasn't told his boyfriend.  (And no, I don't think it's ok... and yes, I tell him so.)  So I know it happens.  I guess people know smoking is not cool with a lot of folks and so instead of being honest, they just hide it.

I hope Lee isn't a smoker, but I know what I smelled and I think it might have come from him.

*sad face*

6 comments:

Matt79 said...

Fingers crossed he's not a smoker, but that does sound worrying. It amazes me that some smokers don't realise that some of us can smell smoke on them even 15-20 minutes afterwards - their clothes, their hair, their breath... ugh.

Victoria said...

I know.... :(

Elana Elizabeth said...

Smoking is disgusting and absolutely gross, and lying about it worse. However, my dad was a smoker when my mom met him and she kept him around and he eventually quit for her, and his future kids, and he is truly an amazing person. I know it can be hard to find someone whom you connect with so if you can look past it and he's a great guy, try to see beyond that. People can lie for all kinds of reasons maybe he has a good one. Good luck and follow your heart, I know its a crazy world out there :)

Victoria said...

Yeah, we shall see ;)

Mom of 3 said...

I met someone online who stated he was an occasional smoker. We met and went for a hike, where he proceeded to smoke. Are you kidding me? If he's lying already...

Victoria said...

Yeah, the lying is a major issue, so combine that with the smoking and...