Saturday, 14 December 2013

Oh, And One More Thing

Before I forget.

When Lee got out of his car (he drove to meet me for our walk as he lives somewhere else in town) he smelled a bit like smoke.

And so there's a part of me that keeps saying "hold your horses Nelly, he might be a smoker." 

Maybe he'd just been with a smoker... or had a smoker in his car... or maybe a smoker had just finished having a cigarette outside of the building we passed, I don't know, but if he's a smoker (it says he's not on his profile) I'm going to be disappointed and have to say no thanks.

I just want to keep reminding myself of that as a way to not get too excited and make up stories about our wedding.

(Actually, I already made up a story about our breakup.  I'm crazy.  I know.)

(I can't believe I just told you that.  Please pretend I didn't, ok?  Thanks.)

(You're awesome.  Best secret keeper ever)

And in case you don't believe me that he might be a secret smoker?  One of my good friends is a smoker and never said so on his profile and still hasn't told his boyfriend.  (And no, I don't think it's ok... and yes, I tell him so.)  So I know it happens.  I guess people know smoking is not cool with a lot of folks and so instead of being honest, they just hide it.

I hope Lee isn't a smoker, but I know what I smelled and I think it might have come from him.

*sad face*

6 Comments:

Blogger Matt79 said...

Fingers crossed he's not a smoker, but that does sound worrying. It amazes me that some smokers don't realise that some of us can smell smoke on them even 15-20 minutes afterwards - their clothes, their hair, their breath... ugh.

Saturday, December 14, 2013 3:19:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

I know.... :(

Saturday, December 14, 2013 4:22:00 pm  
Blogger onelanalove said...

Smoking is disgusting and absolutely gross, and lying about it worse. However, my dad was a smoker when my mom met him and she kept him around and he eventually quit for her, and his future kids, and he is truly an amazing person. I know it can be hard to find someone whom you connect with so if you can look past it and he's a great guy, try to see beyond that. People can lie for all kinds of reasons maybe he has a good one. Good luck and follow your heart, I know its a crazy world out there :)

Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:24:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Yeah, we shall see ;)

Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:37:00 am  
Blogger Mom of 3 said...

I met someone online who stated he was an occasional smoker. We met and went for a hike, where he proceeded to smoke. Are you kidding me? If he's lying already...

Monday, December 16, 2013 7:04:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Yeah, the lying is a major issue, so combine that with the smoking and...

Monday, December 16, 2013 1:10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.