Monday 13 January 2014

Must Have Been Something In The Air

Yesterday (was it yesterday?  Sunday?  Yes.  Anyway...) I went for lunch with two of my dear friends that I haven't seen in a while.

They came over and we caught up on things and then headed downtown for fresh air and sushi.

Oh, and I needed to pick up a new makeup pencil thing that I keep meaning to get.

Except we got to the mall and I realized I'd left the house without my purse.  Nothing.

I mean, I had my keys, and an umbrella and my phone, but... no purse, no handbag, no wallet, nothing.  No money.

Gah.

My friend said no problem, she'd spot me some cash, so we went to the bank machine.

I chatted with her while in line and then waited while she punched in whatever thingamies.

And then she turned to me.

"Um.  I think I just took out a whole lot of money."

"I wasn't really paying attention and I hit button 8 and I think that's for, like $200."

Except it was for $400.

She'd accidentally taken out $400.

So while I'd forgotten my money entirely, she was taking out WAY more than intended.

Luckily, she works at a bank and will just deposit the extra back in tomorrow, but man oh man... between the two of us, we were all sorts of money messed up!

We got back home and I'd told her I'd give her the money she loaned me back right away because, clearly, I had it, it was just safely at home.

Except we got home and I was distracted by trying on the cute top she knitted and so when they left and I remembered I had $40 to give her, I grabbed it from my wallet and ran downstairs, hoping I was in time to catch them!

Except that it was dusk by then and I didn't have my glasses on so I wasn't sure which car they'd brought and so I ran towards the car I thought was theirs figuring they'd see me and stop, but as I got to the car it drove away so either they didn't see me or I was waving at two strangers who thought I was a crazy person trying to give away money.

So, yeah... I figure there was something in the air yesterday.

That's my excuse, anyway.


2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

That sounds a lot like Monday showed up a day early for you.

Victoria said...

I think you might be right Jason!