Wednesday 23 July 2014

I'm Upset

I had to go to the dentist yesterday.

I mean, I guess I never really "have" to, but I've always gone, twice a year for my checkup and cleaning and yesterday was my twice a year visit.

I didn't want to go.  I'm not really sure why, but I didn't.

I've never had a problem with dentists, but I've never loved them either and my last few times haven't been something I've looked forward to.  I actually thought about cancelling this visit and that's the first time I've ever thought of doing that.  I don't know why, I just didn't want to go.

So imagine my complete misery when the dentist came in, said hello, checked my teeth and found two cavities.

I knew there was a reason I didn't want to go.

He said my mouth was "really clean" and I was "doing a really good job" just missing a couple of hard to reach spots and sigh.

I'm so disappointed.

I went to book the appointment and the first slot they could get me in was today.  Effing hurray.  So now I have to go to the dentist again... for fillings.  I am so not happy about that. 

I told C-Dawg I was leaving work at lunch to get fillings and wasn't looking forward to it.  "Do they hurt?" she asked.

Which... I didn't know how to answer because my brain just froze... WHY.... DOESN'T... SHE... KNOW?

C-Dawg has never had a filling, never had a cavity.  Never.

I can't even...

I'm sad and jealous I guess and wishing my teeth worked differently or my mouth acid or whatever it is that means that I'm still getting cavities as an adult and she's never had any even as a child.

F**k.

I know, I know, first world problem but still. 

Boo.

*pout*

Sigh.

6 comments:

kandijay said...

My last dentist appointment was very similar to yours. The hygienist was telling me how great everything looked, I'd hardly given her anything to do (and trust me, this is one picky woman) and that I had the cleanest mouth she'd seen all month. Then the dentist does his final check and tells me I had a "small surface cavity." I glared at him. Immature, I know, but I did everything right and I have a cavity anyway? NOT FAIR! *whine*

Army of the Frenetic said...

Maybe you should consider piling your money together and investing in a nice, shiny gold set!

Victoria said...

EXACTLY kandi! ARGH!!!! SO UNFAIR AND WAAAAHHHHH

I do sometimes wonder AotF why they don't just coat all the suckers and make them cavity proof or something!

(Ps I also did go on a date with a guy who had a diamond in one of his teeth!)

Army of the Frenetic said...

Bet he was dressed sharp.

Get it? Diamond. Sharpness.

*Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge*

Victoria said...

Watches as the giant cane hooks you from off stage and pulls you off.

;)

Jon Mack said...

Going to the dentist could be stressful sometimes. That’s why a lot of people tend to delay or forgo it altogether. But once you do, you'd probably wonder why you didn't want to go in the first place. Haha! Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us, Victoria. Take care!


Jon Mack @ Gentle Dental Online