Thursday 30 April 2015

Shut Down

Maybe as much as six months ago, Jason asked me to not write about a specific situation that went on between us.  And I kind of feel like I've been pretty shut down ever since.

So I guess I'd say if you know a writer or a blogger and you don't want them to write about your relationship/friendship/etc. let them know at the start.  Let them know early on.  And if you change your mind later, know that it might just mess them up.

I understand privacy and wanting to keep your personal life to yourself, and I feel like I've tried to do that here for myself and for those I might include in the stories I choose to tell.  But Jason is so key to so much of what's going on for me and my thoughts and worries and where I'm at emotionally that I feel like I have nothing to talk about.  Can't/won't talk about work, can't really talk about what's consuming most of my mind so...  been struggling to find things to write about at all for a while now.

Not the most fun feeling.

7 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

That's really tough, especially since this seems to be a space you've used to work through stuff. Not fun at all.

I hope this isn't a situation where you're not allowed to talk about the situation at all (like with anyone), because that'd be just too much.

Ugh.

This touches on some stuff I've been thinking about lately, about other people's demands and desires, versus my own. At what point do you have to put your own need ahead of someone else's? At what point does there desire for X mean more than your desire for Y?

Which is too much to think about when I'm suffering under a cold.

HamiHarri said...

I say you share it with us anyway ;)

A writer can't be censored!

AprilPhire04 said...

It's your blog. You don't have to tell us that it was a situation that happened between you and Jason, maybe write it to us as a dream.

If he wants to stifle your feelings, what kind of man does that make him? What kind of friend, really?????

Victoria said...

No, Jason, it's just private and I'm wanting to respect his wishes to keep it so, even though I feel my blog is fairly anonymous. But yes, good question to ask yourself. And, hope that cold is gone soon!

I hear that HamiHarri, but wanting to respect his wish for privacy.

Thanks Amy. He's not so much trying to stifle my feelings as he is wanting to keep his private life private, which I'm respecting, but it has messed with my feelings of what I CAN write about somewhat.

Jonathan Beckett said...

I have to filter almost all the time. It drives me nuts.

Yvonne said...

If writing about it would help you, how about doing it in an old-fashioned made-of-paper journal? Or a private/password-protected online one?
That way, you can still write about it but nobody else could read it. Would hope that he wouldn't have a problem with that. :/

Victoria said...

You feel the pain J!

That's a good idea Yvonne.