Thursday 4 June 2015

Glarble

I'm pretty sure it's a "no" but I had a slightly stressful day yesterday when someone told me about a newly built apartment building not too far from me with an apartment in it that is not too far out of my budget.  And?  Would allow me to get a dog.

Plus some other cool things.  Like heated bathroom floor tiles (my parents had these installed and they're delightfully decadently yummy) and storage locker (mine here was taken away during "renos") and secure parking and nice appliances and stuff stuff stuff.

I went to look at it at the end of the work day yesterday after kind of stressing about finances and, well, I don't think I want to live there.

I may not have much of an actual view from my current place, but the view in the new place just.... I didn't like it.  A lot.

It felt really cramped and unhappy.  I don't know how to explain it, very... not what I want to see.

It was small too... smaller than my current place, so I'd have to get rid of furniture and I'm just not sure if the things against it outweigh the things going for it.

Which makes me feel bad somehow.

But, yeah.  I don't think I'm getting that place.

Because.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Dominic said...

Had the exact same thing when househunting - plenty of places met all the criteria and all, but I just didn't want to live there. Even the really big new houses which were way over-budget, that were just a "while we're here, let's look around" just didn't feel nice.

Until that one place that finally did. Which is still awesome six months later even with all the little problems that have cropped up (like the unflushable toilet and the cat being allergic to it).

I spent the year before that living in a rented house that didn't feel right but was all that was really available. And it sucked, and I can't say how good it felt to get the hell out of it.

Whether a place feels like a good place to live is the most important criteria - don't feel bad about rejecting an apartment for how it felt. It's exactly what I'd do.

Victoria said...

Thanks D. Er... and, sorry about the cat being allergic! (And the toilet, d'oh!)