Friday 10 July 2015

You Know...

I went to the doctor yesterday for my yearly checkup, and I have to say, we have it really good here.  I have it really good.

Yes, I pay into a health benefits program, but even if I didn't, this visit wouldn't have cost me anything.  The doctor's visit is covered by my province and the system that is set up here.  Sure, the argument could be made that my taxes pay for it, but I just mean, it didn't cost me anything out of pocket today to go to the doctor.

Who checked me out for anything and everything and checked my lady parts and any moles I was suspicious about and my reflexes and blood pressure and eyes and asked me about all of everything from sleep to anxiety and you name it, she asked.  And checked.

And then she renewed my prescriptions, which, yes, I'll have to pay for but my work situation allows me to have extended benefits that will give me some of that cost back.

And then she sent me for blood work to check everything and that didn't cost me either.  I just had them take my bloodwork and it's done and I just feel really lucky.

I have a friend who's struggling with not having steady income right now.  And this friend doesn't have benefits like I do and the disparity is shocking.

I am so lucky.  So very lucky.

I am lucky that I can "dislike" going to the dentist and it costs me either very little or nothing at all due to my work situation.  I have the ability to complain about getting a filling.  Not everyone can.  And I'm grateful that I can.

I'm lucky that I have a doctor that I can go to freely and get free, good care from.

In that, I'm extremely privileged.

4 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

We are so very lucky.

And I hope everything was A-OK at the docs!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Elliott said...

Ummm...are we supposed to go to the doctor every year???

All kidding aside, we are very lucky to the have the health care we do. Unexpected health issues in other countries can bankrupt families.

Hoping all is good with your health.

Anonymous said...

- I'd like you to take a request for a question here: Have you (as a seemingly very rational person and seemingly sensitive person) any spiritual manifestation of a faith that coincides with your concern for your health overall...I mean one in a higher power, by which -if one believes- one was created by and therein lives through...?
-This, to me, is where one can be assured, as an assurance to life...and extra...

~Ok, you can kick me off now; now that i've broken the cardinal rule of no politics; no religion and no expressing what can't be proven, unless by a belief system.

-I just had to ask, because you are so nice. "Life is not luck; it is a manifestation of incredible detail which, to me, proves a Designer, et al, etc." -And we are part of some 'place' within it...'destinational,' so to speak.

-I go now; I not be back for some time....

Victoria said...

Everything was A-OK yay! :)

Yes E, regular checkups is good! Do eeet! ;)

Yes Anon, I do (to give a simple answer to your question) ;) Don't feel the need to hide, I'm not offended that you asked, I just don't talk about it here. Maybe some day I will but not for now. :)