Monday 31 August 2015

Tricksy!

One of the tricky things I find about packing is those things you use day to day and so can't pack until the last minute.  Which therefore leaves a potential gap if you forget to pack it last minute!

I'm actually thinking about nail polish right now, because I just put a clear coat on my fingers and am trying to decide if I want to bring it with me or not and that, for some reason, made me think of all the little things I'll be using right up until the last minute and might therefore forget.

Like, most especially, my tooth night thing.

"Splint" I think it's called.  Fancy magic night guard that helps me not grind my teeth.  But, yeah, I don't sleep with out it and so I have to write myself a note the night before I leave to "pack tooth thing" and my book and whatever else I'm using right up until the time I leave.

That, my friends, is the kind of thing that will give me tingles of anxiety because I want to remember them, so I try to remember to make lists, but then I can sometimes worry that I'll forget to put something on the list and I'll miss it!

I know in the grand scheme of things I'll be fine.  Even the medications (thyroid) I need to take daily, I won't die if I forget them for a week, it's just that I'd rather not give myself extra discomfort because I was careless.

Actually, just thinking about making lists has gotten me a little wound up.  I'm going to go back to not thinking about lists and just babbling.

Deep breath. 

Whew.