Wednesday 23 September 2015

Uh Oh....

And..... just as I was planning on typing out the first day at Burning Man my computer started bugging out.

No, really, not making this up.  Seems a little too familiar to me from a motherboard failure on a previous laptop and so I immediately stopped typing, did double backups, and checked to see if I'm still under extended warranty (I AM!)

So computer's going in today and that probably means no posts this week (or longer if they take too long with it?  Fingers crossed) as I don't think I have the patience to blog on my phone.

Might see if I can fish out my old laptop but it's.... old old and I don't know that it'll even run anymore, it's been that long.

Oh, hey, my folks are going away for a couple of weeks, I just thought, maybe I could borrow their laptop for a bit?

(And hopefully remember all my passwords that aren't auto-filled on a different computer, d'oh!)

Ok.  Well, just a warning.  Computer going in today after work, so maybe no more posts.

Wish us luck!  (My computer and I that is!)

6 comments:

RC said...

I just wish I had a half-decent laptop to use at home. It's quite perverse really - that a software and web developer has such awful hardware at home...

Jason Langlois said...

Hope its a quick fix. And now I guess I have to figure out how to wait for more, after just telling you I "can't wait for more" :)

Victoria said...

That sounds utterly frustrating Jonathan!

They, so far... can't replicate the issue Jason... le sigh.

kandijay said...

Well, phooey. I just sat down with a bowl of popcorn (I seriously have a bowl of popcorn) and was settling in to read "Adventures of Victoria in the Desert." Hope it gets well soon!

Elliott said...

Well that sucks. More for you and your computer than us readers, but still, poop.

Hope it's a quick repair and you get your computer back so we can keep reading about your adventure. Wins all around.

Victoria said...

Sorry Kandi! Although.... now I'm craving popcorn! ;)

Thanks E. Technology... le sigh