Thursday 29 October 2015

Whoops, Detail!

I feel like all of my posts right now might start with "I don't remember if" but... I don't actually remember if I talked about this when I was talking about my time at Burning Man this summer, so let's just pretend I didn't!

Really, the reason that Max and I ran into each other at all is that he (and his camp-mate friend) are photographers and I'd come across their work from time to time online.

Photography (and feeling shy at Burning Man) are what Max and I started talking about and when we were spending time together, I was happily reminded that he and his friend are photographers and so the three of us would sit around and talk cameras and lenses and shoots and things.  It was great.  Somehow I didn't expect that and so it was like this amazing bonus happy of the burn.

Once I got back, Max sent me a couple of shots he'd taken of me and I had to laugh.  Max has a much better camera than I do, and much better lenses.  And the particular combo he was working with with these particular shots can get quite a lot of detail.

Which is why I got to learn that when I put on lip balm (which I do all the time, and even more all the time down in the desert) apparently I don't just put it on my lips!

When I zoomed closer on the photos Max had sent me, I could see enough detail in them to discover that I seem to smear the lip balm on my lips and on the face around my lips.  Oh no!

So.. now I know... I'm generous with my lip balm.

Probably a good thing I don't wear coloured lip balm eh?

4 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Indeed! Sometimes one should not look too closely at a portrait...

Victoria said...

Totally! ;)

Elliott said...

Just no coloured lip balm and a red nose...just sayin'.

Victoria said...

Heh ;)