Saturday 21 November 2015

A Picasso or A Garfunkel

So Anne asked the other day if I'd show any of the art pieces I've been making.

This one, I actually did a couple of weeks ago but I've been sitting on it (well, no, not literally, I just mean I haven't posted it anywhere) because I created it when I was feeling really really mad at Max, and titled it when I was really really mad at Max and I didn't want to post it anywhere he or someone he knows might see it because that felt somehow, to me, like I would be trying to send a message or seeking attention or something.  So I haven't shared it.

But I like it.

It looks so much better in person, this photo does it no justice at all, really...... I'm not just saying that.  But yeah... this is "The Amount I Hate You Is Inversely Proportional To The Amount I Love(d) You"

Yeah.  That.

It's actually fairly large, at 14x16 inches (the largest pad I have, which I bought in a "I'm sad so I'm going to shop at the art store even though I really can't afford it right now" spree.... I've had a few... sigh) and is pastel, acrylic and ink.

The pastels and ink mix really nicely texture wise so are probably something I'll use together again; ink being fairly new to me and something I discovered I love almost accidentally when I started to use an ink brush pen I'd not previously liked in an entirely new way.  Like a brush.  (Duh, I know.)

I bought some oil paints this week but haven't opened them yet and am telling myself I really should just return them and the specialized canvases and cleaner I bought too and just use the supplies I already have.  But I also feel a little embarrassed to go back to the store and return a bunch of stuff.  But oils are... tricky... and can be unhealthy and stuff so.... I should... like... not.

Sigh.

But, yeah, there you go Anne... an abstract random piece I made when I was having a particularly bad moment.

6 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I like it, too.

Victoria said...

:)

Michael said...

I know nothing about art, never studied, never read about it, never even really did any art. That is if you don't count finger painting when I was in the first grade. Now this probably sounds strange but after looking at your pastel and ink I think I actually do know something about art. I know I like the colors, the simplicity, the structure. I like that it is complicated. Simplicity and complicated can be two sides of the same coin, I think. I like the passion, the feeling. I see honesty. I see boldness and strength. I see character at it's best. I've never been pushed by anything like this. I like it !

Victoria said...

Well, awesome! Thank you for your thoughts, it's great to hear :)

Elliott said...

Not an artist at all. Never taken anything remotely close to an art course of any nature...other than elementary school. That being said, the colours and patterns are very striking and this piece is very interesting. I like it.

What I don't like is the earworm of the Bare Naked Ladies I know have...that was evil.

Victoria said...

The earworm's only hitting the Canadians!