Monday 9 November 2015

Monday

I don't want to talk about it.

Right now at least.

I think after the last week, my brain needs, or wants a break from thinking about it.

Or maybe just today.

No, I haven't spoken to him, no I don't plan on speaking to him, no I don't know what I'm going to do about anything relating to him.  Not even the flights.  Or next summer.  Or anything in between.

I just, right this minute, need a mental break from the ups and downs and everything in between of the last week of thinking about it.

Which means I have to figure out how to say something, or else this page will just remain stagnant.

I should probably get on that.

8 comments:

Elliott said...

I think your readers all understand and want the best for you. If that means time off from writing, we'll miss you, but we understand.

YouTube videos and pics work.

Victoria said...

Thanks E

Jason Langlois said...

My solution is to usually watch a bunch of stuff off Netflix, play a bunch of video games, do too much emotional eating (cinnamon buns, mmm) and then exercise to make up for it.

To add to Elliot's list, Top Five or Top Ten lists are also good.

But yeah, take the time for yourself. We understand.

Victoria said...

Yeah, there's some Netflix watching going on.

Jason Langlois said...

Unrelated, but...

I notice you're reading a Malazan book. I've been tempted by the series, but haven't taken the plunge.

Should I, do you think?

Victoria said...

You know Jason, I don't know what to tell you. They're... big. I'm on the third now I think and I dragged myself through the second and am still slightly dragging myself through this one. The second book, I actually skim read parts, which is something I rarely do. I'm reading the third because the friend who loaned me them insisted I did. "It'll all make sense!" So... I can't heartily recommend them no, but maybe give the first a try and see if you like it? I probably won't keep going but am determined to finish this one. Too many characters perhaps? I find it hard to care enough to pay attention to who is who and the second book drops all the characters I'd come to love so... I give it a solid "meh"?

Jason Langlois said...

Ah, this is helpful. They are massive, and I was afraid there would be a lot of stuff going on.

I'll stick with trying to get through the Honor Harrington series by David Weber for now, then.

Victoria said...

Yeah, I did not love them, but I'm still on book three... take that as you will :)