Wednesday 9 March 2016

Hrm

I've kind of stalled out mid way through the book I'm reading.

I think it's partly the book itself, and partly that when I get into bed at night I have other things I'm thinking about right now and so instead of being pulled to reading I'm being pulled towards thinking.  Sometimes that's bad, but sometimes I think myself to sleep.  (Not stressful thoughts, those don't help with the falling asleep!)

I don't NOT want to finish the book, I just don't know how I'm ever going to get around to finishing it.

That, and I have two books in reserve I'm kind of excited to read.

Maybe I have to change my bedtime/night time routines a bit and get through this book n stuff.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Among the hard lessons it took me a long time to learn, I include "Sometimes, it's okay not to finish a book."

It's kind of like training yourself to let go of negative thoughts. It's not easy, it feels strange and weird, but there's something freeing about it.

Also, bananas.

Victoria said...

Can't! Will slog through it and beat it into submission!!!

(or possibly skim read a bit)

No current banana change update.