Saturday 26 March 2016

Sigh

I'm whining, just so you know.  Feel free to skip.

I'm not blaming this on the time change, merely saying that I don't feel like the time change ever helps this, but my sleep the past few weeks has sucked.

I've been managing my sleep pretty effectively for years now, with little more than a blip here or there (acupuncture has really really helped, but mine retired so I'm working with a new one and while we have other things handled, the sleep portion... not quite perfected yet) and so having a few bad weeks (vs days?) is unusual.

And man, I do not like it.

Like yesterday, I was "awake" all night (knew I wasn't asleep) and just as I was about to fall asleep (or so I felt) my alarm went off.  NOOOO!

Once I fall asleep I usually stay asleep (unless someone buzzes my apartment at three am by accident and I am therefore jolted wide awake for... evar!) but the falling asleep has not been going well lately.

I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago here I think.  (Unless I just think I did...no, yeah, I did, that "being pulled towards thinking" thing that's going on...) It's even weirder than lying awake thinking though, I don't even know if I can explain it, I just don't like it, no matter what it is.

So, yes.  Whiny.  Want to go back to the restful sleeps I've been having.  None of this not great sleep malarky.  I'll have none of that thank you very much!

Sigh.


4 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Haven't managed to get onto a decent sleep cycle since the stupid time change. Stupid time change. (pout)

Another of the many things that slowly fixes itself, usually, if you work on it.

Victoria said...

POUT!

Elliott said...

The time change usually lines up with the melting of all the snow/ice in these parts. With the melting comes lots of moulds and other things floating around in the air. And the trees are starting to bud and pollenate.

These are all awesome things unless you are allergic to them all. The puffy eyes, itchy throat, more wheezy episodes all come with the time change and wreck havoc on my sleep for a few weeks until my body gets used to the allergens bombarding it all of a sudden.

But at least golf should start soon...

Victoria said...

Oh geez, that sounds utterly miserable E! Hang in there!