Monday 25 April 2016

Well, That's... Ohhhh...

Hi, here's a crow.

Ok, now that we've cleared that up, wanna hear my "oh, I feel a little dumb now" moment?  Of course you do!

And if you don't, well you can always go read through the archives, I won't notice, or mind, you do what you need to do friend.

So Brita (water filtration company/system) changed their filters a while ago.  Took me ages to put in a new one because, well, you don't replace them all that often and I usually buy them in four packs.

But the other day I did finally replace my filter with the new, fancy, redesigned one and noticed how much faster it filtered water.

Like, quite a bit faster.

Huh. 

I wondered what they'd done to the filter to make it that much more efficient.  It was almost fast enough that it was as if the water was....

And that (the third or fourth time I'd refilled it and noticed the speed of filtering) is when I decided to check if maybe, just maybe it was filtering so quickly because I'd maybe, possibly not actually seated it properly in the jug?

Yeah.  That.

Whoops!

So, yes, the new design of the Brita filters seems quicker than the old ones but not as quickly as when you put the filter in a little bit wrong and the water just sneaks through the hole it finds and doesn't actually get filtered at all.

Fast.  Just not ultra fast.

Whoops.

3 comments:

Elliott said...

Mistakes happen. The good news is that you assumed something was amiss and fixed it. To me, thinking or sensing that something is not right and not investigating is worse than making a mistake in the first place.

Glad you're getting filtered water now.

Jason Langlois said...

Hah! I had this happen every time I changed the filter in my old Brita jug.

Victoria said...

I was just so super impressed with the new filter E! ;)

Well then we're twinsies aren't we Jason :)