Monday 13 June 2016

Stop

I make a point of not being political here.  Or even topical.  I don't talk about the things that flood social media or fill our newspapers and cable news reports, I don't.

But damn if I'm not tired of everything that's gone on these last few weeks.  This weekend it all caught up to me and Jason and I shot an event that pushed me over the edge and we drove to a beach after and I cried and cried and cried.

I do not understand people who do bad when there is so so so much beauty in this world to be seen and felt and experienced.

Why is there so much hate when it's easier to turn the other cheek and find something dear to you to love?

I know these rhetorical questions have deep rooted answers, I know there are more than two sides to every story I just don't want to keep having to dive into the bad that swirls around us.

There are reasons I don't have cable.  Don't watch the news, don't read the papers.  I can not handle all that goes with all the bad that can happen in our world.  It's all too much.  The stories and anger and hate that have come across my feed... whatever that "feed" may be it's too much.  I need it to stop.  I need to disengage.

I can do that either by hiding, facing the corner, or by just turning my back, taking a deep breath, and reminding myself, and anyone else who wants to listen that there is more to life than the bad things people sometimes do. 

Too much, I say, this weekend it all just got to be far too much.

5 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Detachment seems to be the only way to cope, sometimes.

Glad you're still shooting pics, though.

Jonathan Beckett said...

I wrote a similar post today - except I pointed fingers at a few of the sources of it all (read:a lot of people). The stupid thing is, most people are too ignorant to realise they have a hand in what's going on.

Victoria said...

Thanks Jason. And yes, still shooting, and... art..ing.

It's all very icky Jonathan.

kandijay said...

My throat hurts from holding back tears. I long for the days when I was a child, not because times were better and horrible things didn't happen, but because I was less aware of them. :(

Victoria said...

*hugs*

I hear you