Wednesday 8 February 2017

Live, From Weather Blog, 2017

No, but really.  I do love (and am somewhat fascinated by) weather, plus they keep sort of half missing what's going to happen, AND, this is a really good way of telling that I maybe don't have a whole lot else I feel comfortable talking about.  And/or anything to say.  So that.

But.... we had snow, it was super pretty.  Then a super pretty say of snow with bright sunshine.  And now, for today (later?) they're predicting a WINTER STORM!!!!

Which... I'm taking to mean, they can see that precipitation is coming but really can't tell if it's going to hit as rain or snow or snain or sleet or frozen rain or what.  So they're saying it's probably going to be a mix of all of the above.

Which has, of course, created a bit of a panic of MUST GET SUPPLIES AND CANCEL ALL THINGS... even though they say Thursday will be mild and rainy, which will mean you can go get your groceries and stuff, you know, like, tomorrow?  Ahem.

Anyway.  I'm still not counting on anything until I actually see it happening.  I may have to get some more chocolate before the predicted start of the WINTER STORM though.... you know, just to be safe.

5 comments:

Elliott said...

More chocolate is always the key to surviving a winter storm. We had nasty freezing rain yesterday and now a cold front is going through with lows the next few nights of -16. But then it's supposed to be 5 on Saturday. Weird weather for sure.

And I can now stay caught up...I started a new job this week with thinner firewalls. I'm now CFO of a company. The role looks very interesting...I'm the first person in the role, so making it up as I go...and the drive is 20 minutes instead of 50 minutes.

Victoria said...

OH YAY!!!!!!! That's great news E! Well, the work stuff, not the crazy weather stuff :) Congrats on the change and the position and the easier commute (wow!)

Jason Langlois said...

Can't wait for this all to melt, just so my facebook feed stops being full of panic. :)

Jason Langlois said...

Well, this time the panic seems to have been justified. Yeesh!

Victoria said...

Yeah, no kidding eh? Yeesh indeed. Although... not sure I understand the need for "WINTER STORM" warning when it seems like a snowfall warning would have sufficed.