Tuesday 23 May 2017

Oh Man

That was quite a weekend.

After quite a week.

As in... I went to bed at 9 on Friday.  Yep.  Nine pm.  When it was still light out.  I was just that done.

Didn't want to even stay up and watch a show or a movie, I just wanted to be in my bed.  Read for a while and then turned the lights out and slept.  Not perfectly, but I just needed to be in bed.  Exhausted and drained from everything.

Saturday I took it easy and then Saturday night I heard an ominous gurgle, gurgle, belch from the bathroom.

Ugh.

Bathroom sink was vomiting up.... stuff.  Let's just call it dirt. 

I cleaned it and it did it again. 

I ran some baking soda and vinegar and hot water and it barfed again.

Once I was in bed mind you... so I just closed my eyes and pretended I hadn't heard it.

Messaged the manager Sunday morning "sorry, I know it's a long weekend and all but...."  She told me to try dealing with it but it was backing itself up (not just slow draining!) so she called the plumber.

My ministrations the night before allowed me to pull out a chunk of... uh... dirt.  So that was lovely before breakfast!  NOT!

Plumber arrived around noon and spent an hour doing... things.  Snaking, making a mess (his words, not mine!) and other... things.  Hair was the culprit... along with the oldness of the pipes and just general... ick.

Oh and did I mention I was dealing with lady things and stuff while all this was going on?  Nothing like wondering if your bathroom sink is going to overflow and cover your bathroom with... ick, while you're already not feeling great.  FUN TIMES! (nuh uh!)

So, yeah, that was my Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  And next weekend I'm on a course so I need a weekend to make up for my weekends!!!

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Ah, the weirdness of drain gunk. I'm on the ground floor of my building, and I think when people above me do water stuff, it sometimes messes with the pipe flows or something and I get the gunk bubbling up into the sink.

Luckily, it doesn't gum up the drain and I can usually wash it back down... but it's never fun.

And I feel you on the sleep thing. As nice as the weather is, this weekend was mostly about sleeping and reading for me.

Victoria said...

Yes!!! That bubble up is... not a good sound!!!

And here's to weekends of sleep and reading :)