Monday 5 June 2017

Let's Talk About Weather

No, seriously... the weather lately has been talk-about-able.

(Plus, I like weather!)

So... it's Spring.  Although nearly Summer, really.  But.. it's odd.  This Spring.

We had a week... a week or two ago that was hot.  Summer hot.  But it was very difficult to handle, and I think that's because the temperatures spiked suddenly.

Sort of jumped ten degrees in a day sort of thing rather than the gradual increase we're used to as we head into Summer.  A lot of people I know mentioned having a really hard time with it, and I know I did.  Even drinking more water and doing my usual "heat" stuff, it wasn't easy on my body. 

And then now here we are back in more "usual" weather patterns but it feels so cold.  Like the wind has a chill to it that is usually an early Spring thing.

It's ... a bit bizarre.  There's sun, wind, rain, chill, hot, and we've had a baby thunderstorm or two.  And that's not to mention the flooding other parts of the province (and country) have been dealing with or the snow in the higher elevations and the forest fire alerts and tornado touch downs.

I try to take weather as it comes and look at it as a seasonal thing and I will say I absolutely adore these long days.  And I'm not complaining about the weather, just the heat the other week caught me really off guard and my body wasn't thrilled.  And now I'm under blankets and wondering about another layer.  Go figure, eh?

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Don't forget the thunderstorm we had, too.

Climate change... keeping things slowly exciting over the course of years.

Victoria said...

Yeah.... :/