Friday 13 October 2017

More?

I imagine I'll maybe talk a bit more at some point about not going to Burning Man this year... the good, the bad, the confusing...  But I'm a little bit all over the place here and when I find (make?) time to sit down and write, it's not always on my mind.

Sometimes I get existential Blog angst.  Why bother?  Why?  And I just want to hit the delete all button.

But... I don't.  Or at least so far I haven't.

Blogs aren't the thing they were ten years ago.  I know I don't read many (any?) anymore most days.  Part of that is my (far too excessive) internet time is spent elsewhere.  Part of that is my lack of attention span at the moment.  Part of that is other poeple's (curated) lives make me feel like mine is sorely lacking.  And that's in no small part due to me having chosen to not talk about a lot of things. 

A lot.

I hope (I think?) I'm working up to cracking open a little about that.  And then I sort of laugh and wonder why I'm holding myself back when there's really only three of us here reading anymore.  Three... or four.  You know.  You all.

But then I remind myself that doesn't mean my Mom won't read it.  Or my friend, or future ex or who knows.  I am also pretty tired of the noise in my head and blogging used to be a good way to get some of that out.  Until I made it not.  And well... thanks for those of you who are still here. You know?

5 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I'm glad you're still posting. Reading your blog is important to me. I've grown rather fond of "blog" you (which I recognize is a carefully curated version of you presented at arms length from the real you). As long as you're posting, I'm going to keep reading.

Even if that does make me old-fashioned in this modern Internet age of vLogs and twitch streams.

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog is part of my day. The way you are able to write about things you are going through, I can really relate. I do miss your photos & I don't always comment but, I am here sending good thoughts your way!

brandi

Elliot said...

I still enjoy reading, so if you're still writing, I'll be reading.

Whether it's the good, the bad, or the ugly, you have a unique writing style that I enjoying reading. And if any comments ever help, all the better.

Anonymous said...

i've never commented before but i've been reading this blog daily or weekly for YEARS, girl.
Here's an idea... create a 2nd blog where u are anonymous and vent all ur 'STUFF' there.

Victoria said...

Thank you Jason :) I shall continue to post about weather, spiders, time changes and bananas then ;)

Thanks brandi! :)

Thanks E, and yes, there are often comments that lift me up or make me smile or help in some way :)

Awwww thanks Anon! And thanks for saying hi! And yeah, maybe I should have a I GOTTA VENT THIS BLEEP blog ;)