Tuesday 19 December 2017

So, Um...

So hey!  It turns out my phone now automatically connects via bluetooth to my car!  YAY!

Ask me how I found out!

Well, you see, I had loaned Jason my car and was walking home just as he was bringing the car back to me.  Meanwhile, I was in the middle of a (typically only hilarious to us) conversation with C-Dawg on my phone as I walked home from the store.

So when Jason saw me and pulled over to drive me the rest of the way home... well... it turns out whatever ridiculous conversation C-Dawg was responding to was suddenly no longer in my ear and Jason got to hear the nonsense!

D'oh!

So I mean, it's kind of a good thing (especially when you add in a feature from a while ago that means when my phone is connected to the car's bluetooth, it's on like a "sleep" mode that means texts and alerts don't come through which should help distracted driving I hope!) but also.... unexpected.  I guess that's why one is supposed to read the blurb that comes along with "system upgrade" eh?


3 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Man, hopefully your phone isn't helpfully autoconnecting to every car's bluetooth!

Elliott said...

Better than some horror stories I've heard when phones auto-connect to Bluetooth for the house-hold stereo while watching some potentially embarrassing videos...

Or when the phone sends interesting photos to the cloud and others have access...couldn't imagine that happening.

Victoria said...

Can you imagine Jason! Noooooo! lol

Yeah, I've heard those stories too Elliott! ;) Whoops!