Wednesday 17 January 2018

Sad Face

I lost a plant this week.

Not as in "where did it go?" but as in "oh, all of its stems have rotted, noooooo!"

I'm kind of bummed about this one but perhaps not terribly surprised?

It was a cutting (or something) from a plant that came in a small (fridge magnet size!) pot that I made grow and grow and grow!  But the original plant died in some way I can't remember (and now suspect is the same issue.)

This plant had gotten a little overly... straggly?  As in, I kept meaning to to buy stakes to tie it to cuz the branch things were falling over.

When I went to water it yesterday, a couple of bits fell off.  This always bums me out, but when I looked closer, all the stems were black/rotted (?) at the base and pulled right out.

So I put it all in compost.  I feel terrible, it was maybe saveable but I'm thinking not.

It was vaguely, slightly like a succulent in some ways and I'm historically not great with them (over watering???) But yeah, I'm sad about that guy/gal, cuz I made it from a baby and didn't mean to kill it.

Sigh.

Rough time of year for plants I guess.

Sorry little guy/gal.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

This is how almost any plant I've owned has ended up.

Victoria said...

Now I'm nervously eyeballing all the others. STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHT! But wait, um, use the light? Just don't... you know, go to *the* light?