Wednesday 3 April 2019

Woah

I just had the most upsetting dream that for all intents and purposes shouldn't have been...

The people in the dream are likely just placeholders for the underlying feelings but they were both people I know.  One, the "cutest guy ever" that was the first person I ever spoke to at Burning Man, and the other my friend that I went to Burning Man with my first year (and had a lot of frustration with.)

So some details are fuzzy but I was driving the cute guy's car (like borrowed?) and we were visiting him at work (bar) and then back to his place after work, and I feel like he and I were totally hitting it off and that some smooching might happen and I was wandering around his place and I think I caught him coming out of the shower (giggle!) and then next thing I knew he and my "friend" were getting into bed together and they said it was just that they are friends who platonically sleep together (as in no sex) but I was devastated because I really thought he and I were going to... you know, smooch and stuff. 

And I was, I guess, showing my disappointment and hurt and she and he were shrugging it off which was somehow worse and then he said that I could always go tidy his car to make it how I like it to be for driving and I know this dream doesn't seem all that upsetting but it was one of those dreams that have that awful feeling attached to it and you wake up so so upset. 

Not sure there's too too much to analyze here but I really do hope I can shake off this feeling because wow, what an awful way to start the day...

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

That sounds like it would be emotionally wounding, dream or not. :(

Victoria said...

It really was! (Surprisingly so and possibly embarrassingly so!)