Wednesday 19 June 2019

She's A Brick.... Wall

(That, you see, children, [she says, pointing up at the post title] is a reference to the 1997 hit song "Brick House" by the Commodores!  It popped into my head and I thought it was amusing to myself if no one else, the end!)

I really am trying, and have been for a while, to talk about the THING, the change, the old normal that never has given me back a normal or whatever.  I have half posts started in my head quite often... most regularly at night as I lie in bed and tell myself "I'll remember this in the morning but right now I just want to sleep" and then... no.. it's not remembered.  But I also have been sitting down to write lately and I realized today that it's not so much like writer's block... it's more like hitting a writer's brick wall (cue title song... she's a briiiickkk....... HOUSE.   ahem)

I'm just feeling really like it's a bigger difficulty to actually start than I realized.  Or expected.

I suppose I'm still protecting myself and maybe that block is what's making it feel like if I say things out loud the sky will indeed fall Chicken Little...

I'm no Kool-Aid man... I haven't managed to OOOOH YEAH my way through that wall quite yet but I'm trying.  Because sometimes I feel like maybe if I "talk", it might help.

(And maybe not just me)

4 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

To over extend the metaphor, maybe just start taking down one brick a time?

Also, thanks, now I have that song going through my head ...

Victoria said...

All in all it's just another....

Jason Langlois said...

And now I can only imagine you as a good-looking brick house.

Victoria said...

heh