Monday 15 July 2019

Quiet

It's 7 pm on Sunday night as I type this and the thought that just occurred to me was "crap... I haven't written anything."  This thought happens quite often these days, sometimes, unfortunately, followed by a feeling of growing panic... which is not conducive to writing.

All I really want to do is settle down for the evening, but I'm telling myself I can type out one post, right?  Sure.

I had a decent weekend.  Quiet.  Which is ok, but I feel guilty having quiet weekends during the summer.  In part because there are so many things going on, and in part because the weather is nice.  And I imagine that there will come a time in the more dreary months when I wish I had taken advantage of the nice weather.... but... this weekend I didn't, and I'm going to remind myself that that's ok.

I suppose I could tell myself I was also resting my body and that's partially true, but it was more that I just didn't feel like dealing with it all.... the going somewhere... the probably dealing with other people of it all...so I didn't.

But (she says somewhat guiltily) I also didn't take any of that down time to write out any blog posts.  Not sure why.  I suppose I kept thinking I'd get around to it on Sunday and then my Sunday afternoon I actually did get out of the house and hang out in someone else's backyard (since I don't have one!) and so now here I am at 7 something on a Sunday night just wanting to lay back and zone out.

Now I just have to shoo away the guilt.  It's ok to be quiet, to do nothing, or very little, even when the days are long and the weather is nice.  Right?

No comments: