Monday 11 May 2020

Sprummer

Well, this weekend marked the first "phew, that was warm" of the year for me.

We had a few sunny days in a row and they got warm and I ended up with my first phase of heat management in my place - using my blinds to block the sun in the middle of the day.  That, and open windows, and fewer blankets at night, and, by mid-day Saturday, I pulled out my sarong for lounging in, which really, is an indicator of summer to me.

I considered getting my fans out but it's apparently going to rain all this week and cool off so I waited.

It was kind of funny that at the same time, other folks were dealing with "WTF it's SNOWING in MAY?", and hey, I'm not complaining about glorious sunshine and deliciously long days, I'm just making conversation, eh?

So while it's still Spring and Summer is a while off, technically speaking, it crossed some sort of threshold this weekend.  At least for a few days.  Like a little bit of Summer in Spring.

Mugginess and all.

No comments: