Wednesday 18 November 2020

Let's Do The Time Warp Again. Because This Year.

I was confirming some appointment or other and had the "you what?" moment that I seem to have had every month this year of "it's what date?  Already???"

I was thinking the other day about how I skipped over Halloween.

Like, I know I mentioned it here, and I know I saw... stuff and I ate the little mini chocolate bars but also it didn't happen.  

I know, I know, that doesn't make sense but that's also this year.  Christmas is soon.   Apparently.  And while I'm not "doing" it this year (my family have talked about it and all agreed) I am also... not... feeling at all like it?

Like,  I sat down the other day to write cards to far away relatives and friends and all the stuff on the cards felt so... fake and far away.  And what was I to say, Merry Christmas?  But... that's not a thing.  There's a pandemic.  I decided to go with wishing everyone the best for a happy and healthy new year but what I really wanted to say was "I'm sorry things are so bizarre and I'm only sending this card as a formality and I hope next year is completely boring."

So, yeah.  I feel like I both missed/skipped Halloween and all the things around it while also having the knowledge that it did happen and it was nearly three weeks ago.  

Damn.

I wish I could look ahead to January as some sort of reset, but this "not normal" isn't set to any human calendars or schedules so.... yeah.

SpringEasterRemembranceDayHalloweenAutumn-going to be Winter soon and 2021 after that and did this year even happen?

No comments: