Friday 23 July 2021

Screwed... Again!

I'm trying not to be too hard on myself because I'm human but a few days ago I noticed my right front tire looked a little flat.  But often it's not flat it's just the angle so I thought to myself "I should check the pressure" and then I didn't and I guess I forgot.

Well, yesterday I got out from driving and for whatever reason looked down at the tire and, uh, yeah, pretty sure that's not just the angle.

So then the anxiety kicks in.

I call Jason (my "car" friend)... uh.... tire is flat?  But like not bad flat?  And I drove on it????

He said he'd come over, I said no, I have a pump thing and a gauge thing but damn you guys the anxiety had me pretty much at a panic attack.  IT SUCKS.

So I got out my gauge and it wouldn't even register.  (I also hate using the thing, UGH) and then I went into my apartment (still all panicky) and got my... whatever it's called "blow up tire" machine thing that I purposely bought just for this kind of thing and I made sure I read the instructions and Jason told me to make sure I had the engine on so I didn't kill the battery and while freaking out, I filled the tire and then the machine gauge said one thing and my manual gauge said another and so I put more air in and then I accidentally bashed my head against the door frame of my car getting in and out and that REALLY hurt and then I called the tire place and I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping since I've probably driven on this for a few days now (SINCE IT LOOKED FLATTER AND I DIDN'T CHECK IT UGH) it should be ok to carefully drive it there.  Oh, by the way, I NOTICED THE NOT FULLY OK TIRE AFTER DRIVING AROUND OMG WHY????

This, by the way, is the third screw I've gotten in a tire since I got these new tires a few years ago.  I have NO idea where I'm picking them up, but I have been driving "through" construction near where I live for, what, close to two years now?  I have no idea if road construction uses screws but seriously, where do these things come from and WHY????

So yeah, everything seems ok (as in I don't think I ruined my rim, it wasn't THAT flat) and hopefully everything works out tomorrow and like man having the anxiety kick in like that is so not helpful.  And this was bad.  

I called Jason to calm myself down after I'd dealt with it and I said to him "good for me for noticing.  good for me having the machine and gauge.  good for me remembering the name of the place to call them. good for me doing the call and being polite and friendly.  good for me managing this." And that's what I'll try to focus on.  I did it.  I handled it.  Nothing went "bad" or very wrong and it's probably going to be fine.

I've had two patches in I think different tires and the guy said they're allowed three patches per tires so I shouldn't have to buy new tire(s) but yeah... screwed again man!  I'm pretty sure I made that joke the last time I called them so I just kept it to myself this time. (hardy har har though, come on!)

3 comments:

Elliott said...

I'm sorry your anxiety kicked so badly. Sounds like you did everything correctly and rightly congratulated yourself for handling the situation appropriately.

And snicker...screwed...again...lol. Should we be so lucky.

Jason Langlois said...

Hopefully I don't call down whatever curse is out there, but the set of tires I had before this one must have been screw magnets. I think by the time I swapped them out, I had at least 1-2 patches in each tire. Including one iffy one that somehow nearly punctured a side wall.

So yeah, the other Jason is right - good for you for doing all the right stuff.

And may this be the last screw you attract in those tires!

Victoria said...

Thanks Elliott, and thanks for the giggle appreciation! ha! ;)

I'm at three plugs total now Jason, two in this one tire and yeah, feels like a magnet situation. Sigh. No screws to your tires too! *fingers crossed*