So I've been off of my chemical hormones (birth control pill) for two weeks now and on the natural hormones (HRT) for about the same amount of time (give or take a day to let the "half life" thing happen).
Am I noticing symptoms? Yeah I'm pretty sure I am. But the good/weird news is that I can't actually be certain it's from the hormones, but I'm assuming it is?
Like, I've had some headaches. Could totally be the internal changes stuff. But could also possibly be the light cover of wild fire smoke we've had. I've been kind of maybe extra moody. Could for sure be the hormones, but could also be that I've had a lot of intense things going on the last few months and then especially the last few weeks.
So you know what I mean? I *think* my system is going "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" but nothing quite is rough enough for me to say oh yeah for sure that's because of the medical changes... like it's not like it's a calm, quiet, neutral time of year or life to compare against right?
My understanding is that there are two or three things going on in my body right now. One is the "withdrawal" from the birth control pill and those synthetic (I didn't really know that) hormones that I've been on for ages and ages. The second is my system getting used to the new to me natural hormones, yes at the same time, and then the kind of third is those new ones building up in my system and my brain and body getting used to that new normal.
And from what more I understand, there is still going to be changes in my body because of course it's not going to be as simple as "this is now stable and steady yay!"
I mean I'd like to feel better than I am right now (wouldn't we all?) but knock on wood so far it's not been awful? (Other than a headache that nearly freaked me out when the Advil didn't kick in "right away" and some rotten stinky moods I haven't enjoyed.)
But yeah, ch-ch-ch-changes I guess... sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment