Monday, 10 August 2026

Jump Scare

So you know that toaster I mentioned?  And how it has a beep when it's done?

Um, yeah.  

So this toaster is still really new to me and I have never had a noise making toaster before, I mean other than the obvious CHUNK of the thingy popping up when the toast is ready, but no big deal.

Except the other day... heh...

I'm not making a whole lot of toast right now (maybe the heat?  I dunno) and am still not used to a new-fangled-noise-making toaster and it's not something that I'm expecting.

I was making breakfast the other day and threw some bread in the toaster and started washing some dishes and my mind was on all that's been going on and whatever else and so as I put down a small bowl I had just washed out, right as I placed it down there was a CHUNK BEEEEEEEP and I jumped!

It was partially the unexpected noise, it was partially that I had completely forgotten that I had put toast on, it was partially that this noise and beep happened right as I placed a dish down on a drying rack (NO NOISE SHOULD BE HAPPENING) and it was partially that I have never before owned a toaster that did anything but .... toast.  Oh and I was standing pretty right next to it too, that probably didn't help.  

But yeah, I got jump scared by my toaster and some weird timing and a distracted brain that forgot. 

No comments: