Wednesday 18 April 2012

Cool

I Was Full By Your Count by foundimagination
My desktop on my laptop (heh, top, top, top, top, it sounds funny now) changes every day (or every time I startup I guess) and has always been a collection of cool desktop pictures and images my brother gave me.

A couple of years ago, I threw in a photo or two that I'd taken and was always pleasantly surprised when it would pop up.

It only occurred to me a month or so ago that I could put more of my own photos into my desktop photo folder and so I put it on my "to do" list.

And two weeks ago, I spent a few days going through my photo library and made a collection of my photos that I like the most and I chucked them into the desktop folder.

This past week, my photos have been starting to show up as my desktop and every time it happens, my thought process goes something like this:

"Cool, a new desktop photo." (I'd gotten very used to the old rotations)

"Oh, that's a nice picture."

"Wow, did I take that?" "I took that!"

"Hey, my pictures are good!" (insert huge grin here)

It's been a really cool experience, seeing my photos bigger and "in use."

And, somehow it's been actually quite eye-opening to actually look at them and like them and think "Hey, that's a good picture and I took it!"

So it's been a fun week, waking up and wondering if it'll be a familiar screen or a new one.

And I'm pretty happy with the shots I took.

Which is a nice feeling.

2 comments:

Dominic said...

My desktop has a view of the Earth from space & the Moon from Earth. It updates every 10 minutes.

You should get one of those digital photo frames for your pictures. I've got one spare if you'd like it :)

Victoria said...

That would be a cool desktop if it was in live time :)