Tuesday 16 September 2014

R&R (And Then Some More)

So what did I do this weekend, you asked?  (Ok, you didn't ask, but someone somewhere might have asked me this so let's just go with it, shall we?  K.)

I rested.

I did pretty much nothing.

Except rest.

I don't know.  People kept suggesting it's the last sunny weekend we'll get (even with Extendo-Summer)(trademarked) but Jason was away for work and I feel like I was still recovering (and why does it matter if Jason was away for work?  I don't know, because if he hadn't been we probably would have done something or at least hung out or maybe gone to the beach for a couple of hours, I don't know) from being away and I just didn't want to do anything.

And then I lost a filling.

Not that that has anything to do with anything either, but somehow it made me feel like I should... not eat.  No, that's not true (man I'm on bouncy brain today, aren't I?) but anyway, I lost a filling (Pretty sure I crunched it out eating popcorn kernels, but I LIKE THEM!) and didn't notice until Friday evening, or only noticed Friday evening and so that was weird...

And I just didn't want to do anything.

I felt like I should go to the gym.

I napped instead.

I watched shows.

I... tried not to let myself get spinny crazy in the head too much.

I had amazing naps.  Both just about an hour long.

I forgot to do things that didn't really matter.

I half-assed-ly vacuumed.  I went for a walk with a friend and heard his latest love life story.  I went for another walk with other friends and caught them up on Burning Man and told them they should both come next year.  (She might.)

I emailed friends I made at Burning Man.  I sent them photos I'd taken.

I... lay on my couch a lot.

I didn't do much at all.

And I think that's ok.

I think things might get a little nutty around here soon and I might wish for days like this weekend.  Sunny, lazy, I don't have to do anything at all if I don't want to days.

We should all have more of those.

The end.

3 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

It's more than okay that you took a lazy weekend. Just going by your blog, you haven't had many of them lately, and you could definitely do with some downtime to recharge. Thumbs up from me!

Of course, my weekend did involve trips to the beach, a dinner party on Saturday to listen to Rifflandia across the street, a spontaneous photo shoot with a friend, and a great deal of housecleaning. But in principle, I'm on board with the whole lazy, recharge-the-batteries weekend.

Elliott said...

Good for you for taking a weekend like that. Ours involved 1,200 km round trip (using only one tank of diesel...everybody needs to own a diesel VW), and a memorial service. Our previous 3 weekends involved similar round trips...except with trailer...to move 3 kids to 3 different universities. At least the schools are all close to each other.

We certainly need a weekend like you just had.

Victoria said...

Thanks Jason... thumbs up of approval much appreciated! Glad you had a busy weekend on my behalf ;)

Oh geez, E, my weekend is sounding more and more relaxing, yikes!