Wednesday 3 July 2019

Bedtime

I have some medications and supplements that I take at night and I have a routine to help me remember if I have or haven't. 

So there are some I take "at night" and then another two right before I go to bed.  So when I take the first round, I put the second ones out on the counter and it's my signal to myself that I've taken one and not yet the other.

I was thinking about it the other day and putting myself down with some of the mean things I've heard people say about/to themselves or others (using the term OCD improperly for example) and I went no, you know what?  It's actually clever and it works for me and keeps me calm rather than me spending what's supposed to be my "calm down" time of night going, "Did I?  Didn't I?"  I just... it's clear.

I'm sure when I thought of this as a post I had something a lot more interesting to say about it.  But I suppose my summary is that my routines like this help me mentally relax because I don't have to worry about if I've done the thing or not, I have visual markers to show me, yay!

1 comment:

Jason Langlois said...

Ah, and now you reminded me I forgot to take my morning vitamin pill, because last night I forgot to take it out and put it on the counter.

*sigh*