Thursday 11 July 2019

Ten-Lined June Beetle

As I was walking to my car yesterday, I saw a fairly large beetle (bug) on its back doing the kicky leg thing.

I'm not a super huge fan of bugs and things, but I also don't like "suffering" so I gently flicked it over with the tip of my shoe.

It then "hissed" at me so I was like FINE THEN, SORRY I TRIED TO HELP! and I went on with my... whatever it was I was doing.

I got back a few hours later and said beetle was once again on their back and no longer moving so I guess it was doing that dying thing they do... which I remember reading about why once, but now no longer remember.

I googled it this morning and the internet tells me it's a "Ten Lined June Beetle" if you like these sorts of things.  I've never seen one before, and have no idea where it might have come from but yeah.  I tried little fella, I really did!

No comments: