Friday 17 April 2020

How.... Odd.

Sometimes when I put my fears and worries and concerns aside for a moment it strikes me that this is a very unique time.

This virus situation is something that is affecting everyone.  And by "everyone" I mean everyone, everywhere... all around the world.  If you stop and think about that it is incredible.  (Incredible: adjective.  "impossible to believe.  difficult to believe, extraordinary.")

I'm not sure any of us have been in this kind of situation before.  I suppose the argument could be made that those who were alive during World War Two (like my Dad, who was young, but still) were part of something similar, but there also wasn't this level of connection (via the internet, etc.)  And this isn't the same as a war.... in many many ways.

I know it's not fair to make blanket statements about "everyone", but this really is an interesting time.  This thing isn't limited to one landmass or culture or group at all.  While things may be being handled differently in different places, this is, as far as we know, impacting everywhere.

It's a very strange thing if/when I sit and think about it from that perspective.  "We're all in this together" means more than it really ever has before.

And that makes me feel a whole lot of things.

No comments: