Friday 14 May 2021

Er...

I just had two posts "flagged" (by someone?) and then deleted for "Malware and Similar Malicious Content".

I am genuinely confused and a little bit scared because I don't even know how to make malware never mind insert it into a blog? 

The posts are gone so I can't even look back at them to see what might have been an issue, but I can't think of anything I did that was... questionable.  Any links I share I use their platform to create links and I usually only link to my own blog.  Or was it something in the photos I'm uploading?

Both posts were from March, and I have no clue if the "flagged for review" was a human or a bot or what.  It's pretty disheartening and upsetting.

So if, I suppose, this blog suddenly disappears, it's likely because I got deleted for... whatever it is they think I'm doing.


Edited to Add:  And yes, I'm aware that by posting this and saying I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S HAPPENING, some tech minded person or ten is going to read it and think "oh lord she has no idea" and no, no, I really do not.  (But I will try to figure it out and if someone explains it to me I will learn as best I can.)

Next day Edit:  Now they've emailed that the posts have been restored.  They're in draft form and I'm going to leave them that way for now.  They both contain photo links to photos of my own that I downloaded from flickr, as all the subsequent and previous posts do too.... and one of them has a link to my own blog.  So in terms of what they flagged, I have no idea but I'm cautious.  (And it seems to have happened to a bunch of other folks who are all similarly baffled and upset)

No comments: