Tuesday 12 October 2021

The Times

Life just keeps happening, eh?  Despite us maybe wanting or needing a break or a pause.  It just keeps... going.

I saw some of my family this long weekend.  We were all nervous, and there was a lot of talking and sorting and figuring out in the month leading up but we feel we found a way to see each other as safely as possible, after nearly two years of nothing but FaceTime and phone calls and yes, there were hugs.

We're all vaccinated and we masked and distanced (after the hugs) but of course there's still a bit of "wait and see" now with hopes none of us were asymptomatic and spreading.

I really am so done with having to live with this, but my being done doesn't change anything and, well, no point in dwelling on what can't be changed.... not this morning anyway.

Almost two years on and people were taller (young people anyway) and some looked maybe older or had put on a little weight or aged and no, I didn't comment on this (other than the height) but I mean, yeah, life just... keeps on keeping on, no pause there, despite ... all this.

No comments: