Monday 4 October 2021

These Inbetween Days

I've heard this called a "shoulder season" but I think that refers more to tourist visit stuff (like hotel rates) than actual seasons but I'm using it anyway.

It's technically fall.  By the calendar.  But it's certainly not fully cold.

I still have my fans out, but I think I could have boxed them up this weekend and will likely do so soon.  Same with turning on my radiator.  It was chilly enough on Friday to do so but then the rest of the weekend was fine.

Nights are strange, temperature wise... a few nights ago I was freezing.  Like couldn't fall asleep I was so cold.  Got up and nearly fully closed the windows and threw my housecoat on top of my comforter cold.  So cold.  But then the next night I made sure I wasn't going to be cold and then I was too hot.  What?

I'm chilly at the start of a walk but undoing layers once I get going, so I haven't yet started using my winter workout leggings.... 

I've used my hot water bottle a few times but also boiled water to use it and then not needed or wanted it.  It really is very in between right now.

The days are an ok length although certainly notably shorter.... I'll probably start using my S.A.D lamp soon...

(My work place space isn't cool, so if I dress for the day, I'm warm there, so it's hard to know what to do and I've not done a winter there yet of course so I have no idea what I'll be wearing a few months from now...)

But yeah, nights are weird.  I have no idea when I go to bed if it'll be a warmer night and I'll need to throw blankets off, or if it's a cold night and I'll be shivering and need more or if it'll be an in between night of just the right amount of cool.

Not that I'm trying to rush things.... just noticing...

No comments: