Thursday 4 August 2022

Go Figure

Something else that happened last week that surprised me... I went through two police roadblocks!  (Sobriety checks.)

I haven't been through one in years... I legit can not remember the last time I went through one nevermind saw one?

They weren't even places or times I would have expected, which sure, is the point, and I'm not sure if it was because it was leading up to a long weekend but one of them was on a Thursday around dinner time, a couple of blocks from where I live and the other was on the way back from the beach on Saturday, again I suppose around dinner time, but again on a quiet road where I wouldn't have expected it!

I don't drink and drive.  I get nervous even having one drink and driving so it's just not something I do, or if I did drive and have a drink I wait until it's as far out of my system as it can be.  But even still, I get a little nervous approaching a roadblock - even having nothing to hide and having done nothing wrong.

Both of these times I had not had a drop of alcohol all day (or all week or month if we get into that) but strangely it was the first time I had the thought (after driving away) "wow, you could just lie".  Which is a weird thought, like I'd lie that I HAD had alcohol?  (Not saying you should do this, just it had weirdly never occurred to me before)

But yeah, two roadblocks in one week after none for... years?  Go figure.

No comments: