Thursday, 17 September 2026

Oh And?

That stress I mentioned on Monday that my (Apple) watch noticed?

Yeah it's not like I DIDN'T feel and notice that in my body too!

Some good for me things I did last week though to try to help... I did try really hard to keep my water intake up and to have actual food to eat (I slipped on this a little bit over the weekend...and noticed.... needing a nap at 7pm until I got up and had some "actual food" and stuff.)

I got in some exercise classes (I'd really hoped they'd zap the angst but that didn't happen but at least I got some movement in to my body right?) I took epsom salt baths to try to help out the muscles that had apparently been tensing like crazy.  I had a massage booked... also for those poor tensing muscles.  Oh I even had an acupuncture appointment!  That completely chilled me out until I went to pay and my credit card was declined so on the walk home (me walking to keep my body moving right yay me) I called their support line and after 20 minutes on hold I got through and then the line disconnected and so THAT was the end of my chill out.  Turns out they'd seen what they thought was a suspicious purchase and had frozen my card and tried to call me I didn't pick up and as I told them, I didn't pick up because the call display number was "Toll Free Serv" which is what the scammers used so I was outsmarting the scammers that weren't actual scammers and thereby keeping my credit card locked.... oops?

Some other things I won't mention in polite company happened with my body too and so just a general "oh wow I am really really stressed" sort of thing has been going on and I did try to get in to see my counsellor earlier than the set appointment but that didn't manage to happen, although there would have been some irony to taking time off of work to get help from work itself I guess? 

I also oh, did I mention the "mystery cough" thing?  I don't think I did seeing as I seem to have not posted at all for a week.  So yeah I often get a cough at this time of year that I assumed was somehow related to work (like the trees there different than the trees at home?) But this year it showed up when I was actually OFF from work and actually EARLIER than any trees would be doing their pollen thing so for the first time I started to wonder if it has actually been a stress... somehow stress cough rather than an allergy cough so I just like wow my body confuses me and I feel like I should apologize to it for not understanding the messages I bet it thinks it is very clearly sending!  

(I also might have had an additional summer cold cough on TOP of that "non allergy" cough and also I am pretty sure I was getting like a reflux type cough so I took stuff for that and just yeah, a lot going on body wise on top of stress and anxiety wise and I'm trying, I am!) 

No comments: