Friday 6 October 2006

If the Sun Refused to Shine, I Would Still be Loving You


I was on my way to work the other day and I drove by this older couple, probably in their 70s, walking along, holding hands.

That's what I hope for.

To be so in love with my husband of 40 years that we still hold hands.

To look at him lovingly after all those years as he kisses my hand or strokes my hair.

To have him hold doors open for me and make me laugh even after all that time.

To be walking down the street on a sunny morning, holding hands. Even after all those years.

Especially after all those years.

2 comments:

danish said...

Yeah, isn't it so adorable to see that? I like seeing it a lot too ^_^ I was in Michigan the other day around Lake Huron, and I saw a lovely older couple slowly walking across a wooden bridge, holding hands. They were going slowly, as if they were savoring every moment they were together.

*happy sigh* seeing that kinda thing makes you forget there are seriously bad things going on in this world.

Victoria said...

Happy sigh indeed.