Saturday 7 October 2006

Biz Arre

I had to run a few errands this morning. Nothing out of the ordinary. Until I got up to the checkout.

My first stop? Ran me exactly fifty-four dollars and fifty-four cents. That's $54.54. Kind of a cool co-incidence huh?

I thought so too, until my second stop.

My next bill came to sixty-seven dollars and sixty-seven cents. $67.67.

I didn't know what it meant, I just knew I was starting to feel a little weirded out. I mean, come on. What are the odds? (Seriously, Math folks, what ARE the odds?)

My final purchase came to $27.77. That was as close to normal as I could get. Fifty cents less and I would have been calling whoever it is you call to report cool stuff.

Is Ripley's still out there? (Why, yes... yes it is!)

3 comments:

danish said...

You know... maybe the cashier accidenly mis-scanned your stuff and it WAS supposed to be $27.27 on the last one. Freaky! Maybe said cashier unknowingly saved you from some unspeakable peril, like... maybe the door to the Twilight Zone would have opened after the third purchase. Or maybe you would have mysteriously aquired a new superhuman ability after that!

...or not =P

Victoria said...

Noooooooooooooooo! I hadn't thought of that! I should go thank that cashier for saving me from that twilight zone island of doom! Gah!

; )

Victoria said...

Uh oh. I just bought some stuff, really radom. And my grad total was $130.00!!!!! Ruh roh!