Tuesday 3 October 2006

Possessed by One of the Seven Dwarves


I was in an extremely bad mood after work today. Seriously. I was fed up and unhappy and finding the world a grumpy place to be. I was so grumpy ( How grumpy were you?" chimes in the peanut gallery) ...ahem.. I was so grumpy that if Mister Perfect had shown up on my doorstep with a bunch of roses I would have told him to piss right off.

Well.. ok... maybe not. But I would definitely have told him to come back later because this was really NOT a good time. I would probably have snapped at him.

I was not in a nice mood, people. All I wanted to do was go home and drink a vat of wine and eat chocolate. Or drink a vat of chocolate. Or something. Something involving alcohol and chocolate and a lot of grumping. But I didn't.

I went to the gym. I knew I'd feel better afterwards, and I figured I'd feel worse (or, at best, the same) if I didn't go. So I went. And I exercised. And now I'm home.

I'm home and I'm happy and I'm relaxed and I can't remember why I was so grumpy in the first place. And quite honestly? I don't care either.

I'm not posting this to proselytize about exercising... you'll all make your own decisions around that, I'm posting this so that the next time I'm in a rotten stinker of a mood I'll head to the gym and sweat it all out again. Endorphins are the bestest thing ever!

Now I'm gonna go have me some chocolate anyway because it's tasty and I visited the British candy shop in town and there's a Curly Wurly with my name on it. So please excuse me folks. I've got some serious business to take care of here. : )

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Hey,look! We're both awake at the same time Aussie buddy! : )

mmmmm junk food.

Michael Colvin said...

I used to like to run. I could zone out and forget everything when I did that. But I can't now I have a problem with my spine.

Curly Wurly's are still available? Ahh...sigh...goes on a dreamy nostalgia trip!

Victoria said...

I got my Curly Wurlys at a store that imports British candy, so they're available some places! ; )

Sorry to hear about your spine, things like that can be troubling. Hope it doesn't bother you too much.

Slinger said...

Hmmmm... chocolate. I need chocolate almost everyday around 3pm when I am at work. Twix does the job for me!

Victoria said...

Oooh, I used to have a Twix obsession. At the moment I'm loving Caramilk thick!

And the British candy I'm currently devouring. heh.