Sunday 19 November 2006

Dear Gym Dude


Come on now, seriously. Have you not been following along?

Yes, you were cute.

Yes, I noticed you.

Yes, I noticed you noticing me.

Yes, we shared a rather lengthy, fliratious smile as I was heading out of the stretching room.

Here's the problem. When I was leaving and we were smiling at each other, I think you assumed I knew what to do next.

And dude? I so don't.

Cuz my legs walk faster than my brain thinks so by the time I got to the change room I realized that you weren't just smiling at me but were SMILING at me and by then it was too late. I couldn't walk back into the stretching room and strike up a conversation cuz...well, that'd be weird and there's the whole shy thing I've got going on. *sigh*

So next time (if there were to be a next time) follow me or say something or, I dunno, hand me the "How to Get a Date" manual and tell me what pages I need to read, because obviously I never picked up a copy and all you cute boys seem to assume I've read it.

Come on now. Let's get it together dudes.

Help a girl out would ya?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad it's not just me that can't start a conversation. I never got a copy of that manual, either;>

Victoria said...

I'm going to see if anyone's selling it on eBay. ; )

Anonymous said...

I wonder if girls ever realise that the guy is bricking it too ?

dilling said...

you need an interpreter...

Victoria said...

Ooooh "bricking it"! A quaint British saying I'm running off to look up : )

Victoria said...

Comes back from urban dictionary with a sideways grin. Bricking it, eh?

No, Jonathan, we generally assume you guys know exactly what's going on and all that jazz.

Dilling: Yes. YES I DO!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a Seinfeld episode when Elaine was in the gym checking out a guy. Hilarious!

Victoria said...

Hmmm, I'm starting to sound like Elaine. Is that a good thing?
; )