Tuesday 6 March 2007

I Saw You Standing Alone

So, apparently I missed a lunar eclipse this weekend. The photos are all over flickr and I'm a little bummed I didn't know it was happening.

Turns out I most likely wouldn't have seen it anyway, but still.... I'm pouting a little, and mooning about. (Guffaw)

Stuff like that is super cool. I remember seeing a solar eclipse many moons ago (Ha!) when I was in Hawaii and it was a really cool thing to witness, so I'm envious of the parts of the world that did get to see the total eclipse of my heart. Er, I mean...the moon. (Dude.)

I'm feeling a little better now, though, since I googled the eclipse and read this from a Canadian news source: "If you did happen to miss the celestial event, another total lunar eclipse is predicted for late August and will offer the best visibility on the West Coast of Canada."

Excellent! Hopefully, I'll get to see this one this time.


These things only happen once in a blue moon, you know!



(sends self to the corner for a time out)

8 comments:

Likalia said...

What a luminous post, none could possibly eclipse it. The fusion of the best of cliches/songs/euphemisms was radiant. ;)

You know, I even knew about the eclipse and then managed to forget about it, but like you say there is a better one in August. Though I was still bummed to miss it.

Victoria said...

LOL! Right on : )

OK. We'll try to remember the August one together then!

dilling said...

okay, we were both at Farm Aid...were you in Hawaii for the solar eclipse in like what? 1991? I think...I lived there then...everybody walked out of work and we stood on the rooftop and watched the ecllipse, and the birds went to roost for 90 seconds or something and woke back up...it was surreal.

Maplemusketeer said...

Hmmmm.... I was gonna say something about seeing a lunar eclipse every time I get dressed in the bathroom but I thought.. that could be a little tasteless and I wouldn't want to be crass.

Jonathan Beckett said...

I missed it too - we had friends over for dinner (not in the Hannibal Lecter sense), and ended up seeing the last bit of it when we went to bed in the early hours.

Victoria said...

Dilling: TOTALLY!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness! : )

Jordan: I'm shaking my head ;)

Jonathan: heh..."not in the Hannibal Lecter sense" heh..... glad you got so see some!

Maplemusketeer said...

Ahh.. but which way are you shaking it? ;)

Victoria said...

: )