Wednesday 6 June 2007

I Was Feeling Particularly Bummed Out When I Wrote This One. It Seemed a Shame to Just Delete It.

Good musicians make me feel like they're singing what I'm feeling.

Right now, City and Colour is doing just that: expressing lyrically and musically what's going on inside my head and my heart.

I'm not always good at expressing myself so I like it when I can find something that helps me.

While it's not every single lyric in this song, a lot of it is where my brain has gotten stuck. 'Specially the middle.

So. Listen.


City and Colour - Like Knives 

Or look.

Like Knives - City and Colour

Your words are like knives
They peel my skin and pierce my soul
Your body will burn tonight
Though your heart may still remain cold

And I will blame myself
And I will blame myself
For holding on to what I hoped would keep you by my side
I will blame myself

The sheets are stained with
Memories of your soft kiss
Now this is all I have
Paper and pen
to remember you with

And I will blame myself
And I will blame myself
For holding on to what I hoped would keep you by my side
I will blame myself

Can I have you?
Can I have you?
Can I have you?
Can I have you?

Allow me, once again, to recommend this guy. He rocks.

P.S. If you're not feeling particularly drippy, go give this City and Colour song a listen.

PPS. I'm actually doing pretty well right now, not that this post makes it sound like it. I just hate throwing out a post once I've spent the time to write it out. So, let's just pretend I posted this already. Or, more fun, let's pretend it's two weeks ago!

PPPS. I know what's going to happen two weeks from now!

4 comments:

The Ex said...

Oooh, nice. Thanks for that!

dilling said...

what will the lottery numbers be in two weeks?

Victoria said...

Dang, Dilling. Had I known I'd be posting ages after I wrote something therefore making myself psychic in forward reverse, I would TOTALLY have taken note of the lotto numbers. Sorry, dude, I've let you down.

*runs off sobbing*

Victoria said...

The Ex: You're welcome! Glad you liked : )

Also, was glad to see my Ex hasn't started commenting. Or, any of my Exes for that matter. Whew!