Wednesday, 6 June 2007

I Was Feeling Particularly Bummed Out When I Wrote This One. It Seemed a Shame to Just Delete It.

Good musicians make me feel like they're singing what I'm feeling.

Right now, City and Colour is doing just that: expressing lyrically and musically what's going on inside my head and my heart.

I'm not always good at expressing myself so I like it when I can find something that helps me.

While it's not every single lyric in this song, a lot of it is where my brain has gotten stuck. 'Specially the middle.

So. Listen.


City and Colour - Like Knives 

Or look.

Like Knives - City and Colour

Your words are like knives
They peel my skin and pierce my soul
Your body will burn tonight
Though your heart may still remain cold

And I will blame myself
And I will blame myself
For holding on to what I hoped would keep you by my side
I will blame myself

The sheets are stained with
Memories of your soft kiss
Now this is all I have
Paper and pen
to remember you with

And I will blame myself
And I will blame myself
For holding on to what I hoped would keep you by my side
I will blame myself

Can I have you?
Can I have you?
Can I have you?
Can I have you?

Allow me, once again, to recommend this guy. He rocks.

P.S. If you're not feeling particularly drippy, go give this City and Colour song a listen.

PPS. I'm actually doing pretty well right now, not that this post makes it sound like it. I just hate throwing out a post once I've spent the time to write it out. So, let's just pretend I posted this already. Or, more fun, let's pretend it's two weeks ago!

PPPS. I know what's going to happen two weeks from now!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Ex said...

Oooh, nice. Thanks for that!

Thursday, June 07, 2007 9:18:00 am  
Blogger dilling said...

what will the lottery numbers be in two weeks?

Thursday, June 07, 2007 10:09:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Dang, Dilling. Had I known I'd be posting ages after I wrote something therefore making myself psychic in forward reverse, I would TOTALLY have taken note of the lotto numbers. Sorry, dude, I've let you down.

*runs off sobbing*

Thursday, June 07, 2007 4:53:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

The Ex: You're welcome! Glad you liked : )

Also, was glad to see my Ex hasn't started commenting. Or, any of my Exes for that matter. Whew!

Thursday, June 07, 2007 4:54:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.