Monday 10 September 2007

Doing the Happy Dance


Okay, wow!

Can I tell you how excited I was to get home from work today? I mean, not only did I not have to work for another thirteen hours (which, wheeee!) but my email widget thing told me I had 9+ emails which meant I had 9+comments left today. (Not moderating comments is a little different, but the only thing I find annoying is the fact that my comments get emailed too so that I get all excited because my widget glows and I think "ooh, another comment already?" only to realize that it's just that Victoria girl again and I already know what she said. Because I just wrote it.)

I thought there must have been some kind of glitch, because no way would I get 10 comments in one day, but lo and behold I had done, and then some!

Part of it was due to Delton's enthusiasm for the wild and crazy moderationless glory that is all the rage around this blog these days, and part of it was due to the fact that I managed to post a link that just *looked* like a link without actually *being* a link and this caused no end of confusion and bewilderment, when really, I'm just a dork.

Anyhooooooo, whatever the reason, I was tickled to be the recipient of so many comments, it pretty much made my day, so, yay!

The way I see it, today will be one of those days we talk about years from now. It'll go something like this....

"Hey, do you guys remember back in September Oh Seven when Delton left forty two comments that one day?"

"Oh, come on, it was only four or five" (chuckles Delton)

"Yeah, I remember that" (someone will pipe up from the back of the room) "That was right before Victoria revealed to us all that she was a Spanish princess and that she was inviting us all to her castle for Christmas."

"Ah, yes. Those were good times. Good times."

So thanks guys, I'm glad you're enjoying commenting as much as I am getting them.

6 comments:

dilling said...

well, thanks for the christmas invitation BUT this Christmas is the very first in my whole life being spent in my own home...is it rude to turn down an invitation from a princess? it's never happened before.

Victoria said...

We approve and giveth thou our blessings.

(That's, um, the royal we, you know!)

; )

Likalia said...

Dilling - First Christmas in a new home, very cool! I did that last year, I actually wanted to decorate I never wanted to when I live in my apartments it wasn't the same thing.

It is definitely worth declining a royal invitation for, I mean first Christmas in your first house only happens once whereas royal inviations happen all the time don't they.

Besides when the royals are as nice as Victoria they always give you a raincheck on the invitation. Don't you Victoria? ;)

Now which of your castles are you celebrating Christmas in this year? I would hate to end up at the wrong one. I did that once, so embarrassing.

Victoria said...

Yeah, I remember my first Christmas where I was not living with my parents, so I can imagine the excitement of actually being in your own home, wheeee!

And, yes, most certainly on the rainchecks. We royals are good that way and stuff.

We're going to be at the, uh, super big Castle, by the way, not the, um, stunningly big one. The one with the moat.

(I've always wanted a moat and a drawbridge!)

Heh

Delton said...

First of all, thank you. This reaction made my night probably on about the same level as all the comments made your day.

Second, in the interest of truthfulness, it may have actually been six or seven.

Third, I can put multiple thoughts into the same comment when I so choose to, instead of breaking them apart for comedic value.

Finally, a spy and a Spanish princess? No wonder you have to maintain your secret identity!

Victoria said...

1. : )

2. *giggle*

3. I know, me too!

4. Seriously, right?