Monday 17 September 2007

I Hab A Code


I wasn't feeling that great yesterday and when I got up for work this morning I knew I should call in sick.

But, I had a thing I had to do and so, in I went.

The day was a bit of a disaster, what with me constantly apologizing for the fact that I couldn't make my brain make any sense.

For example? I would be, let's say, giving a lecture on the uses of shark-disabling neurotransmitting rays and I'd say "Well, these are to be used to... um... disable... um... They're for something. Uh. In the water."

*shaking head at self*

I've managed to make it home and am not going in to work tomorrow. They'll just have to figure out how to disable sharks without me, you know?

As for now, I'm trying to make it to my bed but it's so far from the couch to the floor and I'm not sure my legs can make it.

Anyone want to come over and carry me to bed? Cuz, that'd be just nifty.

Know what else is funny? I haven't taken any cold medicine, but it's as if I'm all dizzy and spaced out on some. For an example of what I mean, see my last post. Or picture me laughing as I waited for a webpage to load and discovered that my cursor could eliminate all links on the page. It was like my cursor was eating the entire webpage. So I said, out loud, "Dude, that's so friggin cool"

My cold has made me into a stoner. I rock.

Here's hoping this post makes sense.

Or something.

7 comments:

dilling said...

Darnit...we just got home from Victoria...I could have helped ya out...and I do make a killer chicken soup(though my turkey dumpling is ssssssssssoooooo
much better)....
feel better soon....

Anonymous said...

Looking at the pic, I feel like typing

Victoria said...

thanks dilling :)

Mother of hana, type away! ; )

Michael Colvin said...

I hope you are feeling better. Work will still be there tomorrow...and the next day...and the next. :)

Victoria said...

Thanks Tod. I'm sure wishing I could just book the rest of the week off.

Sigh. But yes, work's always there, for better or worse! ; )

Delton said...

Ok, if I had realized how incredibly difficult it was going to be to try to write a story with only half the keyboard, my left hand & I would have just kept our mouth shut. But, we told you I would, so here's the story. (I only added punctuation to this otherwise leftist story.)



A Stewardess’ Saga by Delton
Inspired by Victoria’s photo



Cate’s stewardess scarf was ragged, a seer 4 a bad star ^ terra. Cate’s card read, “Be at Rex’s bar at 1.” A red cab drew Cate 2 a bar. Cate vexed at fate. Cab rat grabbed Cate’s $5, cab evades 3 cars, darts far.

Carded, Cate was seated. Rex’s Bar was drab. A bard waxed a sad saga. Bad Bart bet Wade $25 at darts.

Brad saw Cate. After 3 beers, a drag at grass, fear was staved. Brad sat. A beer was grabbed. “Gee Cate, sex was great! A bad scare was a scab. Badder was 1 eves gaze at Debra. Few get greed after a stare at a sweet ass.” Crazed, Cate swatted at Brad. Tears were dabbed at. “Dear Brad, we’re seeded!” “Be Dad? Fear babe!”

Bad Bart saw Cate’s tears. Bart grabbed Brad. Brad dreaded fate. Bart dragged Brad aft bar. Cate feared Brad dead. Brad evaded a stab. Bart was a fat sewer rat. A bat was warded. “Beware Bart!” crawed Brad. Few were better at a staff. Brad was grade A. Bart tasered Brad. Bart was a retard, Brad was dead! Bad Bart was arrested.

Wade sees Cate a few secs after. “Dare we get afar?” A red cab was waved. Free, sweet rest was at Wade’s. Cate ate crab stew, bread, water.

Wade was best! Wade wedded Cate. Tears dared to bare. Are we revved? A dad was! Babe was Sara.

Reset scarf, Cate was at a far better state.

Victoria said...

Delton... I'm... speechless.

Chin on the floor speechless.

Like, wow.

:D