Sunday 4 November 2007

Time Keeps On Slipping, Slipping, Slipping, into the Future.


Except not so much today.

And now begins a couple of weeks in which I insist on saying "but it's really (blank) o'clock".

For example?

This morning, I slept in 'til 11, which means I really slept in 'til 12, which is really quite impressive.

Alas, it also means it starts getting dark berry berry early in the evenings.

Which means I leave for work in the dark and return from work in the dark.

And this makes me not so very happy.

*sad pouty face*

Silly time change.


PS. Something I've always wondered.... on time change evenings, do people working on an hourly wage have to work that hour all over again? Like, do they get to two and suddenly it's one again and so they have to work it again 'til two? And if so, do they get paid an extra hour? Anyone know?

13 comments:

Victoria said...

Tyler, is there anybody left who likes the time change? *sigh*

If MS is your Smith, I wish you all the luck in the world. And I really really really hope you're watching out for your heart.

Anonymous said...

The time change doesn't mess me up much anymore, but my kids? Yeah, I was up at the crack of dawn today and now it is only 5:30 Central time, and my kids are all yawning because it is pitch black out already!

Victoria said...

Oh, shoot yeah, I forgot how much it messes up people with kids! Yikes.

Jenn O'Neil said...

We have hourly people - we have the 3rd shift come in at 12:30 instead of 11:30. They are getting a break but meh - it's only once a year.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't mind the time change? I don't have kids so it only really effects me. I like that it's lighter in the am when I leave - I don't like coming home in the pitch black.artist

Victoria said...

So Jenn, does that mean that at the opposite time of year people lose out?
I think for me, the time change/dark at night is what gets me the most.
I'm just not sure if it's really necessary anymore?

dilling said...

It means I got up extra extra early this morning and the day has been so very long...and the dog doesn't know why I withheld her food from her for an hour...and I am ready for bed now...tick tock tick dit dit ditto....

Victoria said...

Whenever we do this, my head gets all messed up with "what does time REALLY mean" type questions.

Kids and pets are just confused and time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping....

Likalia said...

I always get to the fall time change and think I should take advantage by getting up early to do things like workout or just get up early. Yet I never do, because it is too dark and feels wrong. :)

Victoria said...

Likalia, I know what you mean : )

McGone said...

Time change? Dammit, that's why I was early this morning.

My word verification was "fhickr" which sounds like a dirty version of the flickr website.

Victoria said...

AAAH hahahahahahah. Fhickr. Ahhh hah ha haha!

Anonymous said...

At my job the people do have to work the extra hour and yes they do get paid for it. They will get paid 9 hours for their shift, which is normally 8. And when the time jumps ahead, they will get paid for 8 even though they only worked 7.

Victoria said...

Ahhhhh, yay! I've always wondered, thanks!